The MOBIUS Annual Conference is a chance for MOBIUS members to come together once a year and swap ideas, network, and receive training. The conference is free for employees of Missouri libraries, and cheap for those coming from outside the state.
What to Bring
- Your computer (and power adaptor)
- A surge protector or extension cord (labeled with your name)
- A notebook and something to write with
- Business cards
- A water bottle and snacks
- A camera or video camera (encouraged - send us the video!)
- Your cell phone, set to vibrate
The MOBIUS Annual Conference will be held at the Holiday Inn Select Executive Center. You can Visit their website for more information.
The hotel is located at the Stadium exit right off I-70 and is just minutes away from the University of Missouri campus, "The District" (downtown) and just a quick drive to/from the Columbia Regional Airport. But maybe you'd rather have a map?
- Fitness Center
- Swimming Pools
- Atrium Lounge
- Gift Shop
- Hair Salon
- Pet Policy
- Read more...
The Holiday Inn offers complimentary wireless internet access in all guest rooms, the lobby, and our meeting rooms.
Connecting to the wifi network
The hotel wireless network is called 'Goldentree'. There is no password required. Assuming your laptop is powered on and has the ability to connect to wifi networks, you should see 'Goldentree' in your list of available networks. You need only select it.
- MOBIUS can only pay for 1/2 of a hotel room for each guest. This means that if you do not share a room with another attendee, you are responsible for paying the other half which is $51.91 (Total cost for a room is $103.82).
- The meals at the conference will be pretty substantial, but you will most likely want to bring a little extra cash for snacks and other extras. Note from the organizers: Some of us are vegetarians and made sure there will be options, but if you want something really fancy - bring money and find us!
- You'll want to have some dough for after-hours things.
Need something official to be reimbursed for your expenses?
The conference rate at the Holiday Inn is $103.82 per night. The dates for the conference are June 6th, 7th, 8th.
What should sponsors (vendors) know?
Here are the important dates/times for our supporters who will be setting up a booth at the conference:
- Monday 2pm-7pm : Setup
- Tuesday 8:00am-4:00pm : Exhibits
- Tuesday 4:00pm : Teardown
How do I sponsor the MOBIUS Annual Conference?
A good place to start is the sponsor sign up form!